Feb 19, 2009

What I Did on Valentine's

Instead of going out to eat, like a sucker, we stayed in and I attempted to make a nice dinner for my wife. I do normally do the cooking, so it wasn't some kind of crazy science project. I made shrimp cocktail for an appetizer. This is something I had never done before and it's really quite easy. The shrimp cook in only a couple minutes and then you just let them cool and chill them, and the cocktail sauce is also super easy. I'm not usually big on cocktail sauce, but this recipe was really good.

Shrimp Cocktail Shrimp Cocktail

Dinner was a London broil and peas with smoked bacon and mint (pictured at the top of the page). The London broil didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. The flavor was good, but the meat was a little tough in spots. On the other hand, the peas were awesome.

Then for dessert I took the easy way out and got a Coldstone ice cream cake. It was delicious.

No comments: